After many hours of review and work by the admissions team, the final set of admissions decisions are done. I’ll just summarize a few things for now.
- Offers are being posted to Quest initially, and will get updated on OUAC in the next few days. Ontario (OUAC 101) offers come out first (like today), and out of province (OUAC 105) offers take a few more days to process, so probably by the end of this week.
- Emails should go out shortly too (I think). Mailed packages take a bit more time to assemble and deliver.
- As we suspected, competition for the limited number of spaces was higher again this year, about 1,000 more applications than last year. At the end, we received a bit over 10,000 applications, and made about 3,000 offers. This should give us about 1,600 new students in September, which is our target. On the downside, there will be about 7,000 disappointed applicants.
- At first glance, it seems that the increased competition pushed up the typical admission averages by about 1% across all the programs. We will have to update our admission stats for the 2015 cycle in the coming weeks.
- Some people will call the office to find out why they didn’t get an offer, or didn’t get their first choice program. It’s a bit pointless however, since the answer is always the same…in the ranked list of applicants, the program was filled before we got down to that part of the list. In many programs we were filling the last few spots with applicants having low 90s averages, and there were still 500+ applicants left in the list.
- We will have a waitlist for those who want to be reconsidered in June if there are any open spaces. You can ask to be put on the waitlist by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, ID# and desired program.
- I see that there are dozens of comments on other posts that I haven’t had time to address. Sorry, but I’ll have to delete most of them and start fresh, unless they are key questions of general interest.