A brief update on what’s happening in the 2017 engineering admissions cycle.
- Recently we sent out some offers to Ontario high school (OUAC Form 101) applicants. As usual, we only sent enough to fill about 25% of the available spaces in each program, so we leave lots for the major round in early May. Generally these offers go to top-ranked applicants with strong grades across the board, a submitted AIF, and 3 Grade 12 required courses completed.
- Plans are in motion for our annual March Break Open House on March 18. A visit to Waterloo is highly recommended for those within travel distance, especially if you’ve never been here before. It’s a great chance to meet and talk with current students about their class and co-op experiences.
- We’re working away on the non-Ontario (OUAC Form 105) applicant files, which is a complicated and manual process. Tentatively, we hope to send out some offers to this group in early April.
- We continue to review Admission Information Forms (AIFs). Applicants should make sure they pressed “Submit” and not just “Save”, otherwise we don’t consider it and an offer is very unlikely.
- We’re also working away on reviewing the submitted optional interviews. It’s too early to conclude anything, but they seem to be going well.
- Our big push for offers comes in early May, and then all the admitted applicants have until early June to make their final decision. We will start compiling a wait list for any spaces that might open up in June.